We take your privacy seriously. Your comfort that your personal information is kept safe is very important to us.
We collect the information that you have put on your HCH profile.
Please remember that this is a public website. We cannot stress this more, DO NOT post anything on your public profile that you wouldn’t want the world to see, so if you wouldn’t put it on your Facebook profile, don’t put it on your HCH profile.
The only information that is on your public HCH profile will be:
- Qualifications (Heroes only)
- Services required/provided
Your contact details are NOT displayed on your public HCH profile and we strongly encourage you to keep them private until you find a Hero/Seeker who you trust enough to provide assistance. Only then, and only through the private messaging system should you provide your email, phone number or address to them.
We DO NOT share your personal contact information with other users of the website or unrelated third parties.
We do share your information with trusted service providers and partners who help us run our business like IT, legal, accounting and business advisors.
We will generally collect personal information directly from you, however in some instances, we may also collect personal information about you from third parties, for example when a coordinator or primary carer sets up and manages a participants account on their behalf of a person who needs companionship.
Information Collected via Technology
1. To improve this service for you, our servers collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, internet protocol (IP) address, domain name, and time stamp of your visit.
3. We may also use a third party tracking service to analyse data from users of our site and services.
We encrypt your credit card details and your personal contact information so that in the very small chance that we are hacked these details would be kept secret.
This Policy has been developed to be used in conjunction with the following legislation and will be used when managing and responding to community complaints:
- Carers (Recognition) Act 2010 (NSW)
- Community Services (Complaints, Review and Monitoring) Act 1993 (NSW)
- Community Welfare Act 1987 (NSW)
- Disability Inclusion Act 2014 (NSW)
- Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002 (NSW)
- Home Care Service Act 1988 (NSW)
- National Disability Agreement 2013
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NSW Enabling) Act 2013 (NSW)
- New South Wales Government Disability Policy Framework
- Ombudsman Act 1974 (NSW)
- Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (NSW)
- Public Interest Disclosures Act 1994 (NSW)